Friday, March 25, 2005

Ohhhhh New England

It's winter in New England
And the gentle breezes blow,
Seventy miles an hour,
At fifty-two below.
Oh, how I love New England
When the snow's up to your butt.
You take a breath of winter air
And your nose, it freezes shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful,
So I guess I'll hang around.
I could never leave New England
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground!

Well this cute and yet not-so-far-fetched poem in Renee's profile reminded me that I probably should update my blog. I came home for Easter break a week ago and had a really nice drive back. I-80 makes me queasy at the thought of it by now, I've driven it so much, so I decided to drive through upstate NY via I-90 the whole way home (kind of up your way, I think, Matthew). I took the usual suspects back to good old New England with me. Steve simply occupied luggage space by passing out in my back seat the ride home, but Brian, as usual, made sure I stayed awake with conversations about atonement, the Red Sox, and how to talk to a girl's dad. All in all it was a good trip.

I've spent most of the week dividing my time between homework (which I am seriously behind in, despite my efforts), various appointments and errands, and spending time with my family, friends, and Jay. It has been SO good to be home! Honestly, nothing will make you appreciate being able to spend time with that special someone like having to do the whole "long distance thing" for weeks/months at a time! I don't recommend voluntarily doing it, but I'll tell you, it'll definitely give you a whole new appreciation for the relationship if you do have to go through it.

I've been sifting through a lot of emotions lately as I start to make the transition out of college. I guess I won't say too much about it because A) I don't want to get all emo on this post and B) I'm not quite sure how I feel. Mostly I just kind of flip-flop back and forth like one of those gyroscope toys in the hands of a hyper four-year-old. One moment (day, week, etc.) I'm really excited to graduate, start teaching, stop the whole "living in two different states/worlds" lifestyle, and have some stability/continuity in my life. But at other times I get depressed because an awesome time in my life is about to end. I'm not so much sad to leave school (despite my unusual love of learning) as I am to leave the dorm lifestyle and all the amazing friends I've made. In another couple months we'll be spread out over the country. The comfort in all of this is that although my life and feelings are crazy right now, God is constant and will carry me through this. I don't know what I'd do without Him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home