Sunday, April 13, 2003

Vacation post 4-13-03
Erin's thoughts:
Well, we've been home for about 26 hours now. The trip was pretty eventless. Malinda & I had some fun conversations on the way up. We managed to get Skippy (the fish, not Emily) here safely...didn't find him soffocated or boiled from being in the car all day. Malinda was a great navigator and even set the image design on my cell phone. (We opted to not use the "Robert Frost" image). We stopped down in Fitchburg for some coffee and "real smiles" from Jay, which was fun. Then on to NH! It was good to be back home and see my family and also to share it with Malinda =)
Today we went to my church, saw all my crazy-go-nuts church friends, enjoyed some good old-fashioned pot luck lunch (there must have been 20 crock pots). After we helped Renee pick out a dress for her Jr/Sr Semi and then went to Methuen to see "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" at the IMAX Theatre. A late dinner and two tired chicas proved to be a humorous and messy experience. I'm sure we'll have more fun stories as the week goes on!

Malinda's thoughts:
So far I'm loving New England! Fortunately the car ride did not seem neear as long as I thought it would be...pretty uneventful trip but at least the weather was gorgeous and sunny. After lots of talking, CD's, sermon tapes, and meeting Jay at Barnes and Noble, we finally made it to Erin's house. But before that we stopped to get a picture of me standing in front of the 'Welcome to New Hampshire' sign (the first of many pictures i will have from this trip :) For those of you who have never been here let me tell you that this area is absolutely lovely! Erin's family is great and are definitely making me feel right at home. I got a personal tour of Erin's house last night, had dinner with her family, and got lots of sleep! It was great to just turn my brain off and relax! We've kept ourselves pretty busy today, but it's been lots of fun! Went to church this morning and met a few of Erin's friends, who seem to be very neat girls (and "spazzy" according to Erin :) Anyway this afternoon we went shopping at New Hampshire's biggest mall, and I found out that this state has lots of neat stores that are nonexistent in PA...I'm jealous. I got a fun pair of sock at the mall with froggies on them because i forgot mine at erin's house (the froggies made me think of emily so that made me happy :) Then we went to a "real" movie theater as erin would say and saw "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" which i think is definitely a cute movie. Then we were back at Erin's house for the night and let's just say don't let erin and I in the kitchen alone anymore...could be a dangerous combination. We're attemting homework tomorrow, but i'm sure we'll have some humorous study breaks in there as well. But for now I'm looking forward to sleeping in!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home