Thursday, September 18, 2003

I was very excited to discover a cute little package in my mailbox today. And it was from my dad--how sweet, right? For those of you who find me a bit...odd...this is where I get it from.

The contents of the package included:
*A copy of a sermon tape I had requested (normal enough)
*A newspaper article about the French castle in the "Monty Python" video. (ok, kind of cool)
*4 rolls of Neco wafers with a "fun facts" paper off the internet included.

Why on earth my dad would send me Neco wafers (much less 4 rolls of them) is beyond me! I just tried one in case maybe my memory had been a little foggy...nope, still the same chalky Tums taste/consistency. According to this nifty facts sheet, over 4 billion are sold each year, which amounts to 120 wafers being eaten every second. Admiral Byrd brought 2 1/2 tons of them to the South Pole for his 2 year stay. He must've been doubly crazy to want to spend 2 years with penguins and some chalk candy! I also learned that Necco comes in 8 delicious flavors: lemon, orange, lime, chocolate, licorice, wintergreen, cinnamon, and clove. What is clove and why would people want to eat candy that tastes like it?!

So if you actually like Necco wafers or ran out of sidewalk chalk to snack on, let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home