Sunday, September 10, 2006

Blogs of Note (or, How I Add Another Post without Actually Creating New Material)

Back in the days when this blog first started, it had its share of (at least in my estimation) profound and humorous posts. But that was long ago, back in the days when I had time to think and college homework assignments to procrastinate. But then teaching came, and alack, I barely have enough time to keep up on other people's profound and humorous blogs, much less find time to write my own. So again, my sincerest apologies for the Reader's Digest life update posts as of late. Unfortunately, I don't see the situation changing anytime soon.

Interesting side note: I was watching part of a special on TV on how Google got started and what makes it such a successful search engine. Apparently they have a top-secret formula that looks for, among other things, the number of other sites that link to your site. Apparently, the more outside sites that link to your site, the more popular you are in Google's estimation.

So, due to my lack of ability to produce quality posts and my desire to help my friends become more popular google results, I present to you, my readers and stalkers (and I know I have both) Blogs of Note. They are websites I frequent in my precious few minutes of free time and are worth checking out.

In Passing... This is another website that has fallen by the wayside after its author graduated college. But she does a better job of updating than I do. "Eve S. Dropper" lives in Berkeley and records down any unusual, funny, or otherwise noteworthy conversations she hears, you guessed it, in passing. There is some great stuff in here and well worth searching through the archives. She also categorizes the quotes, so you can search through particular types of conversations.

Pick of Pix This isn't really a blog to read, just a chance for me to brag about my lil sis's photography skills and hopefully encourage her to get back to posting pictures on this site.

10-Four Good Buddy This is the blog of an old friend of mine. He has some humorous posts, good film reviews & theories, and links to his college films, which are worth checking out as well.

Assistant Village Idiot This is the above friend's father. A Christian psychologist, his blogs usually comment on religious, politics, and literature. Always good when you're looking for some intellectual stimulation.

Fair Trade Certified My newest blog find, written by someone I went to high school with. For those of you who can't handle sarcasm, cynicism, the occasional profanity, or opting for wit over seriousness, sorry. Otherwise, enjoy! I find it quite enjoyable.

That's about all the sites I have time for these days. But if you know of any other good ones, please feel free to pass them on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home