Sunday, October 07, 2001

Northern Hospitality
Tonight was Northern Hospitality, the Freshmen Semi-Formal dance. It was definitely one of my favorite class activities. Not only did I get the chance to dress up and look nice (hopefully I'll have pictures up on the website soon), but it was also a really great night. They decorated all of South Lobby in gold stars, white Christmas lights, and black, silver, and gold balloons. Upstairs they had a live band playing jazz and swing music. There are a lot of talented dancers in my class! Downstairs we had DJ Rig (who, by day, is one of my mentor group leaders) playing for us. There was a lot of "old-school" stuff like "Ice Ice Baby" "Can't Touch This" as well as some newer stuff I hadn't heard in a long time (anyone remember Mambo No. 5?). But he also played a lot of newer songs as well. All in all it was a great evening and one of my most fun dancing experiences. What a nice break from all my Mid-Term studies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home