Thursday, January 23, 2003

Well, for the most part my classes look like they will be fun. However, I have two classes (back to back as luck would have it) that look less than exciting. A brief glimps into my past couple hours:

11:17--I frantically find a seat in my second Advanced Writing class of the semester, dreading the implied consequences of what happens to those who don't show up "on time, and if at all possible early". Dr. Price arrived and told us to get out our homework: our first paper proposal. Oh, excuse me. We're not that far yet. First we need to write a paragraph on our topic choice. Then we can write a paper proposal, then our detailed outline, 2+ rough drafts, and the final...finally. Two girls arrived late (probably 45 seconds and a minute). Dr. Price took both their names and told them to see him after class. Then he checked for homework. One girl didn't have hers...she also was added to the black list. After some class time, we were told to pick partners for editing for this paper. Scott, my partner, is a transfer sophomore from Cali. Unfortunately he forgot to write his homework on the form that Dr. Price gave us, and because it was just on a piece of notebook paper, didn't get any credit for it. So now I am petrified of this man and the class and of screwing up unintentionally, which I do a lot. Also, he has an obsession with the metaphor of choosing your paper topic and relating it to marriage and "forsaking all others".

1:00--Well, after inhaling lunch in 10 minutes, I ran over to Technology of Instruction. The past 75 minutes have been nothing but sheer agonizing boredom. Luckily it's over, so you all will just have to wait till next time to hear more stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home