Wednesday, December 06, 2006

My teacher friends will understand

The month of December is a very long month in the teaching profession. The combination of possible first snow, lots of candy, unusual schedules for concert practices, and the anticipation of days off and many presents makes kids go crazy. Throw in a full moon, and you've got teachers running around mad (case in point, as I was just typing, I spelled the word "and" "amdny" before noticing my loss of typing skills).

In any case, I'm using my free period to try to finish my final reading assignment for my curriculum course, since I know I won't be able to productively plan excellent lessons at this mental state. I have been reading the following sentence for five minutes now, and I'm still not sure what they're talking about. Why must educators use such popus language when they know how delicate a state our minds are in most of the time?!

In discussing the issue of dialogue between religious and secular persons to find a middle ground to discuss the ethical viewpoint of our school systems: "It seems to me you are reifying the state into a monolithic Orwellian dictator. That's a terribly undialectical view."

1 Comments:

At 12/06/2006 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They use pompous language so you think they know more than you do. They sound like an expert which just a guy from 50 miles away with a briefcase (or these days a laptop!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home