Saturday, October 20, 2001

Fall Break. I have been a college student for 2 whole months now. And ya know, it didn't really hit me until last week. I was walking across campus for my 8am Humanities class and it was absolutely gorgeous out! And I was thinking to myself, "well, it's certainly not as great as New Hampshire, but PA's not a bad place to go to college". I froze. I don't know why things don't click in my brain right away. But it finally hit me (and actually meant something)...I am a college student. I've always thought of college as being this far away cool part of my life where I'll be so grown up and have lots of work and lots of fun. And I went to college and sort of went through all the motions knowing, but never really making the connection, that it had finally happened. But there in the 40 degree chilly morning, something flicked the switch in my mind and I really realized that I was a college student. It was the weirdest and yet the coolest feeling to know that I've come so far. At this point in my life, I feel more like a spectator, watching from some disconnected point of view. Life is running by at breakneck speed and it takes all I have to keep up. It is exhilarating and confusing and exhausting and wonderful all at once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home