Sunday, October 07, 2001

It was 9:30 at night on a perfectly decent Sunday night. Who in their right minds would waste an hour and a half of that sacred social time at a Mid-Term study session? But as Dr. Mackey has said, it was time for us to "come out of the closet" here at GCC; we could be "closet nerds" no more. So I had just spent the past 90 minutes sitting in a classroom taking copious notes on important principles of effective teaching and discussing impressive terms such as "reciprocity of standardizations" and "socioeconomic stratifications". After having thoroughly reviewed the above said principles, along with many others, we were free to go. Approximately 50 students departed the classroom much like someone letting out a great sigh. As I walked outside, a rush of cold air met my face with joyous anticipation and my cheeks flushed at the rendezvous. I drew in a long breath, savoring the minty-crisp air that filled my lungs. My footsteps crunched over the last few leaves that lay shriveled up along the path. Yes, it was definately fall. An irrepresible grin spread accross my mouth as I took in another deep breath. You could almost smell the snow formulating in the air. Turning to my friend I remarked on the wonderful smell of snow in the air. She mentioned that her family had seen snow earlier today. I remembered that she lives very close to here, and my heart skipped at the news. Soon I would be walking to a class or sitting at my desk staring absentmindedly out my window. And that first magical snowfall would quietly drift from dreams down the soft grey sky into my reality. Then it will not be withered and wrinkled leaves that would crunch under my feet, but fresh, clear, newborn snow. I love this time of year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home