Sunday, October 07, 2001

The Mirror by me
I stare at my foe with an icy glare
That when returned, chills me to the bone.
I have faced this enemy many a time
And I'd rather be left alone.
Its grip is death; its words like stone;
Its countenance is quite clear.
It whispers words I often think
And phrases I'd rather not hear.
I don't want to believe the thoughts to be true,
But they run through my mind as fact.
They sink so deep--an anchor tumbling down;
With cunning they swiftly attack.
My foe knows the time and the place
And what areas are best to start.
More deeply do I believe the lies
As deeper the dagger stabs my heart.
But in the darkest hour of night
When all hope seemed to be gone.
He came and brought a ray of light;
A hope to carry on.
My King of Kings, my Warrior Strong,
My Help in times of need.
He took the dagger from my heart
That caused my soul to bleed.
I saw the sun shine silver-bright
From my One and Only Christ Begotten.
He showed me life like I had lost--
Truths that I had long forgotten.
"You are so special," He said to me.
Nothing could make you more great.
And nothing could stab my heart so deep
When it's yourself you begin to hate."
Softly He whispered, "I love you my child."
And with those words my tears would never be dried.
"How much so?" I murmured, wiping my eyes.
"This much," said He as He stretched out His arms and died.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home