Wednesday, April 24, 2002

"I am sick to death of cleverness. Everybody is clever nowadays. You can't go anywhere without meeting clever people. The thing has become an absolute public nuisance. I wish to goodness we had a few fools left." (Jack from The Importance of Being Earnest)

I know, I know. I haven't added anything of consequential excitement in quite some time. But, I mean, let's be honest here (thanks to Emily, I have learned to look at myself quite candidly this year). I really don't lead an exciting life. I get up, I go to classes for 3 or 4 hours, I get back and spend twice that doing homework and then it starts all over again. Of course, there are those moments...like the "experiments" with stuffed animals and windows and boys. Or staying up all night with Malinda, Carrie, & Sarah at the IV retreat doing all sorts of crazy things (don't worry guys, next time we'll work on facing East to see the sunrise). So I really haven't had too many exciting, clever things to write about. But then good ol' Jack reminded me that that's okay. It seems like everyone here is brilliant and witty. Why should I expect myself to conform to that? How boring the world would be without some of my friends, who are great fools! (and that is a high compliment). So there is no deep insight for the day--no thought-provoking article. Only silly me, enjoying this procrastination. ...I think I might go fishing for squirrels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home