Thursday, October 16, 2003

Due to the fact that it has been midterms over the past ten days or so, I haven't had the time to update. So all my witty lines, hilarious stories, and interesting insights have all escaped me. My deepest apologies.

Last Thursday was just wow. I don't think there's any other way to describe it. The day started off with a chapel message from none other than Reese Roper. That night we got to hear FIF for the last time. *tear* I didn't really pay attention to the first act, but Emily and I were in the middle of a pretty violent mosh pit for Holland and Bleach. I lost my flip flops a couple times. I know what you're all thinking...Grovers mosh?! But it's true! A bunch of us decided we wanted to enjoy FIF and not fight for our lives through the last concert, so we moved into the side. Now I'll admit this probably wasn't a very exciting concert for the non-diehard FIF fans. The acoustics in our IM room were absolutely horrible and FIF played for an hour and a half. But for people like Katie and I, it was super! They played almost all of their songs it seemed like, throwing in any leftovers into a big medley. There was a lot of old stuff, which was great. Lots of skanking and a good time was had by all. It was a bittersweet ending as this is really the end of an era. *sniffle*

Last weekend was the absolute best weekend I've had here this semester, if not so far. For once I could afford to not do homework (which is a near impossibility at this school...at least with my majors). And I needed the break too, because midterms week left me totally burnt out. Friday night, Malinda and I watched LOTR (since she had never seen it). Saturday, Malinda, Emily and I all went shopping at the outlets and enjoyed the great weather. We saw "Pirates of the Caribbean" for $1 here and I spent most of Sunday just relaxing and enjoying some long phone calls with my parents and Jay. :)

This week has been much less stressful. I only had to read three books for this week. ...That's pretty sad that I consider reading three books in four days to be not bad. I'm sure I've done more reading at college than the whole rest of my life total. I've gotten to watch about half of the Sox/Yankees games so far and can't wait to watch the Sox kick some NY butt tonight! We live on an exciting hall here. There is a prank war between my RD and her roommate and the two girls living across the hall from me. A couple weeks ago, my RD and her roomie stole all the clothes from the two girls across the hall, put them in trash bags, and hid them throughout campus. This week, I came back one night to find the bathroom transformed. My RD's two sofa chairs were sitting next to the sinks along with their coffee table, assorted pumpkins sat on top of the toilet paper dispensers, and their mattresses were in our bathtubs. No one really uses the tubs...we all take showers...but that's still nasty to think about. Emily and I have decided to not get on our RD's bad side and enjoy the prank wars from a distance.

Yesterday I spent over an hour in one of the practice rooms playing the piano. It felt so good. There's something about sitting in front of a piano letting your hands create music that is more comforting than anything else I know. I think I feel most at home in front of the piano. It's easy to let go of worry, pain, stress, and self-consciousness and feel most like me when I'm playing. I miss the piano--I really should play more often.

And in a world news update, today marks Day 40 of the Erin's Health Hostage Situation. There appeared to be no resolve to the restoration of health in the regions of Erin's sinuses, but it appears as though the militant virus forces have finally been broken down by repeated attacks from varying drug forces throughout the weeks. We are all hoping for a decisive victory sometime in the near future. We will bring you further updates as developments arise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home