Sunday, December 17, 2006

PC has gone too far...

I'm all for wishing people other season's greetings in addition to Merry Christmas, but there comes a point when we have taken things too far, all in the name of political correctness.

Today I heard such an example. I was enjoying the Christmas music on one of the local radio stations when it went to commercials. A commercial came on, using a Santa theme for their message. But what was Santa saying? Certainly not "Merry Christmas!" Oh no, that wouldn't be right! Santa was saying "Ho, ho, ho! Happy Holidays!" Now correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Santa only come into the Christmas story?! Does Santa really need to be all-inclusive in his festive greetings? That's like expecting the Easter bunny to recognize Mother's Day in all of its cards, etc. Is common sense really that rare a commodity these days?!

5 Comments:

At 12/17/2006 10:01 PM, Blogger Assistant Village Idiot said...

Yes.

 
At 12/18/2006 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree.

 
At 12/18/2006 5:55 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

yes!

 
At 12/19/2006 8:13 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Well, they're one or two word responses, but hey...there are people out there reading my blog not afraid to say something! That almost takes away my sadness over the death of common sense...

 
At 12/25/2006 9:09 AM, Blogger Assistant Village Idiot said...

Happy Holydays

 

Post a Comment

<< Home