Monday, December 02, 2002

50 Car Pile-Up Shuts Down Part of Interstate 80
A fifty car pile-up Sunday morning along Interstate 80 in Luzerne County closed down the highway for more than 6 hours, causing a 23 mile traffic back-log.
State police say a sudden snow squall created white out conditions and "black ice" along the Interstate between Exits 247 and 253.
Both lanes of I-80 were closed off while emergency workers and tow trucks cleared passengers and cars from the roadway.
No minor injuries were reported.
Traffic was back to normal by six o'clock Sunday night.

So ya, because of this, I had to find a detour through the mountains of Eastern PA. At least I wasn't stuck in the middle of that pile up!I was on the road driving for 13 1/2 hours as it was. Oh well. I got here safe, and Jonathan, Jon, & Faith were good company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home