Tuesday, February 11, 2003

"Nothing is more perplexing to man than the mental process of a woman who reasons her emotions" ~Edith Wharton

I have recently acquired the habit of falling under the label of “an emotional girl” and I’m not quite sure I like that. It sort of snuck up on me when I wasn’t looking, and I think that rather unfair of it. When Emotionalism sneaks up on one, it tends to make one rather cross and, well…emotional. So here I am, like a kid in their new Halloween costume, wriggling around, hoping it will someday fit just right. I think going to college has changed me a lot. Certainly not for the worse, but not really for the better so much as just different. But I like it. I’m a lot more okay with Me now than I was with Me in high school. And this change isn’t necessarily because I’m Here; more because I’m not There. And I think that’s a good thing. I had grown out of There long before I left, but was too unsure of myself to admit it. I really hate change. I think it’s because I’m a creature of comforts and need stability and organization to feel like life is running smoothly. But why? As much as I enjoy it, I’m really not that stable myself at all. Nothing in life is stable, especially people. Only God. Maybe that’s why the thought of going off to another country where I don’t know anyone and can’t rely on myself or others appeals to me so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home