Saturday, February 17, 2007

Life Update

Sorry I haven't updated much lately. I really would love to invest in interesting commentaries and witty posts. Here's what I've been up to instead...

Teaching consumes on average 60 hours of my time per week.

My latest Penn State class is really interesting, but you guessed it, also time consuming. We're supposed to be spending a minimum of 15 hours/week logged on to the class.

I'm studying like mad for the MTELs, which I take March 3. They are, by far, the stupidest tests ever. I could take the GRE 5 times over and it still wouldn't be as hard as the English MTEL. MA is pure evil.

I'm still selling jewelry for Premier, which is fun, and pays for grad school (a nice bonus).

Putting in extra time at the gym trying to get my butt into shape for both Renee' s wedding and my own. Still a long way to go on that one...

Jay and I are trying to coordinate our schedules to check out wedding reception sites. Apparently, 16 months is not enough advanced notice to have your pick of whatever date you want at most places. Despite this setback, it's still fun to finally start planning.

Somewhere in there I mangage to have a small social life. And sorry blogger friends, but that has taken priority to my website's vibrant life.