Monday, February 17, 2003

Hmm, well I know I haven't updated this confounded thing is a week or so...maybe I should update. It was an exciting weekend and I do believe that hardly a smidge of homework was accomplished when all was said and done (something that never happens).

Friday's activities began with baking an outrageous amount of chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. And seriously folks, those cookies are the best. Speaking of Homestar Runner, it has come to my attention that some of you have not experienced the wonders of this site just yet. Go now! No excuses. Umm, back in our story, we find our heroine spending Friday night with her...umm, ya. So I spent most of Friday night with about a dozen friends (mostly from small group) just chilling, checking out pictures, playing games, and just having a good old time. (sounds cheesy, huh?). But honestly, I had not laughed that hard in a long long time. It was a blast.

Saturday was fun as well, if for no other reason than I got to sleep in past dawn. I tried to be productive. Honestly. It just didn't happen. Emily & I did watch "The Wedding Singer" in the early afternoon. That night a bunch of us went to go see "Sweet Home Alabama" which was a great movie, despite the fact that it was a chick flick. After, Emily went to go hang out w/ the boys. Malinda and I don't really know that many boys besides Engineers (who are deathly afraid of girls...and for good reasons I suppose) and English/Education major guys (enough said). So we had a girly night (blackmail pictures will be developed shortly) and I watched my third movie of the day, "Patch Adams".

So by Sunday afternoon, this whole "no work" thing had really set in. Sundays are the best because Emily and I are both really hyper. I don't remember what all we did, I just remember it was a lot of fun. We talked on the phone a lot this weekend...Emily called her friend Sarah and I think Mike, my parents called, I called Jay, I think he called me, Dani & JamieSue surprised me with a call from Gordon, telemarketers, wrong numbers...our phone was even an accessory to a robbery! Yeah, and that was fun seeing a bunch of guys chased down the hallway by sorority girls. We had ice cream at dinner, despite the weather. As we were walking back to the room...well, I'll just say I was laughing so hard I think one of the girls down the hall thought we were drunk and I could barely breathe I was laughing so hard. I'm not sure why exactly we started laughing. Something about running with our knees up and sending emails and taping signs to our faces, and....yeah. We downloaded "Reign of Fire" off the network and watched it on Emily's bed. So I saw 4 movies over the weekend. And we originally intended to watch a war movie, but ya, that never happened. Oh well, there's always next weekend. The evening ended with Emily dancing on her chair to the Cardigans for the people outside our window while eating peanut butter straight from the tub. Although I think the couples were more focused on their intense makeout sessions than Emily's dancing. Oh well, I still found it hilarious. Hope you all had as great a weekend as I did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home